Have a pleasant visit.
No one looks forward to a hospital stay, but at Kentucky River Medical Center, we work hard to make sure your visit is as pleasant as possible. Here are a few things you should know about your room and our hospital in general that can help make your time with us restful and healing.
The gift shop is a great place to find all kinds of gifts to tell loved ones “I care.” Visit us next door to the main entrance.
Patients, guests and their families can get a hot, healthy meal (or snack or cold beverage) in the cafeteria. You’ll also find vending machines, located in the ER waiting room and the Cafeteria. The ER waiting room vending machines are available 24 hours a day. The Cafeteria vending machines are available until 10:00 pm. Coming soon, vending machines in the front lobby.
Lunch: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- A telephone is provided for our patients’ convenience. Guests are asked to please avoid making excessive phone calls, unless they are made in the patient’s best interest.
- While you are in the hospital, you may phone any other room or office by dialing the four numbers for that extension.
- All patients may make outgoing calls at any hour.
- To make local phone calls, dial “9” and then the number you are calling. To make a long distance phone call, dial “9” + “0”, and an operator will come on the line.
Cell Phone Usage:
- Cell phone use is discouraged within the facility.
- If you need to use a cell phone, please do so outside the building.
- We also ask that you refrain from taking pictures within the facility due to patient confidentiality.
Hearing Impaired Services:
- There is a TTY (telecommunication device for the deaf) available in the admitting office.
- AT&T Language Line services are available for non-English speaking patients requiring an interpreter.
- A sign language interpreter is available at patient/family request.
- You are provided a bedside remote for your convenience.
- The chapel is located at the end of Hall 2, providing both privacy and a lovely view for patient and family member use.
- The chapel is open 24 hours a day for your spiritual needs.
- Clergy services are also available at your request; please ask your nurse to contact the chaplain for you.
- There may be a drill or test for fire or disaster while you are here. These are scheduled so that we may provide a safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff. Please do not be alarmed if you see or hear evidence of such a practice drill and stay in your room. The staff is trained in fire safety and emergency management.
- We are a tobacco-free facility. The use of any tobacco products including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and chewing tobacco products is not permitted anywhere inside the building.
- If you use tobacco, prior to admission, please discuss with your family physician options for managing your tobacco use during your hospital stay.
- A designated smoking area is located outside the building down the physical therapy department hallway. IV poles are not allowed to leave the building so if you have an IV, you must contact your nurse prior to going out to smoke.